Stay up to date with the latest news and announcements from NASCSA.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC), Division of Overdose Prevention (DOP), Health Systems and Research Branch is recruiting a full-time Associate Service Fellow or Senior Service Fellow position as a Health Scientist with expertise in health information technology standards/policies and clinical/pharmacology informatics.
DOP?s Health Systems and Research Branch conducts evaluation, applied research, and demonstration projects to determine and improve the effectiveness of health system interventions; advances the collaboration between health systems and public health to reduce or mitigate the impact of overdoses and related harms through evidence-based prevention efforts; develops, implements, evaluates, and translates clinical prescribing guidelines (including health IT supports) to improve health outcomes; and serves as scientific and technical experts in clinical guidance, advanced analytic approaches, modeling, policy analysis methodologies, and medical toxicology to state and local health departments and to national advisory groups.
Job Duties Include:
- Serve as a subject matter expert in health information technology standards and clinical/pharmacology informatics who specializes in understanding health information technology legislation, policies, and trends to develop recommendations for enterprise-level enhancements
- Collaborate with key internal and external partners in the planning, development, coordination, and evaluation of health information standards and initiatives such as electronic clinical decision support tools to support CDC?s overdose prevention efforts
- Provide expertise and guidance to internal staff as well as external partners such as clinicians, health systems, and pharmacies on health information technology standards and electronic clinical decision support tools, among other initiatives
- Represent CDC in conferences, meetings, and various work groups to communicate health information technology initiatives
- Serve as a subject matter expert on health information technology standards related to overdose prevention, prescription medications at high risk of misuse, and substance use disorder (SUD) treatment to support Division state/local jurisdictional programmatic efforts such as Overdose Data to Action
- Lead or assist with studies on opioid prescribing trends, emerging high-risk drugs (both prescription and illicit), and SUD treatment, among other topics, and disseminate findings via peer-reviewed manuscripts and presentations.
To learn more about Division efforts: https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/index.html
Vacancy Position Information: Associate Service Fellow (Health Scientist) or Senior Service Fellow (Health Scientist)
Opening Date: Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Closing Date: Monday, April 24, 2023
Location: Atlanta, GA (Remote work possible within 50-mile commuting distance)
How to Apply - Submit the following documentation:
-Cover letter or statement of interest
-Resume or CV
Documentation should be submitted to: CMikosz@cdc.gov by 11:59 PM EST Monday, April 24, 2023.
Email subject: Associate/Senior Service Fellow vacancy ? Informatics