In order provide for ongoing interaction and information sharing on key issues, NASCSA will be hosting frequent webinars for members throughout the year. Dates/speakers will be announced in the next months.
Important note: There is no charge for the webinar and planned webinars throughout 2020-2021 however registration is limited solely to members and sponsors. For a Membership application click here. For a Sponsor application click here. If you prefer that an electronic invoice be sent that can be paid securely online with a credit card, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full contact information along with a request for an electronic invoice.
Individuals interested in an audio and / or slide presentations should contact Executive Director Kathy Keough at email@example.com
AUGUST 4, 2021 3-4 P.M. ET
Expanding Access to Buprenorphine for Opioid Use Disorder – A Report by the Pew Charitable Trusts
· Beth Connolly directs the Pew Charitable Trust's substance use prevention and treatment initiative
JULY 1, 2021 3 P.M. ET
From Benzodiazepines through Opioids, and Now Cannabinoid’s: a Look Back at the Treatment of Psychological Trauma in the
United States With Emphasis on Pain.
· Bennet Davis, M.D., Medical Director, Pain Rehabilitation Program Director, Sierra Tucson Medical Director, Weitzman Pain ECHO
JUNE 8, 2021 3 P.M. ET
ASAP PDMP Standards: Everything You Need to Know
· Bill Lockwood, Executive Director, American Society for Automation in Pharmacy (ASAP)
Bill Lockwood is the Executive Director, American Society for Automation in Pharmacy (ASAP) and will cover the development of the ASAP standards — the reporting standard and the standard used to query PDMP data. He discussed how it all started, the enhancements made over the years, the involvement in the process by PDMPs and other stakeholders, and more.
APRIL 14, 2021
Standards Used to deliver PDMP information into clinical workflows – CDS Hooks and other Standards Based approaches (SMART on FHIR).
· Shannon Hord, Senior Director of Software Engineering from Appriss Health
· Kevin Price, Principal Software Engineer from Appriss Health
MARCH 17, 2021 3 PM EST
"Moving Targets: EPA's Impact on DEA Disposal in Healthcare"
· Charlotte Smith, RPh, MS, Senior Regulatory Advisor, Pharmecology Services/WMSS
FEBRUARY 10, 2021 3 PM EST
How Pharmacy Utilizes PDMP information in their day-to-day workflow and patient interaction.
· Brian Eidex, General Manager of Pharmacy from Appriss Health
· Richard Randolph, Pharm.D., Marcrom’s Pharmacy, Tennessee
· Janet Hart, Director, of Government Affairs, Rite Aid
· Shelly Nance, PharmD, BCACP, CDE, CPPS, Patient Safety Director, Kroger Health
· Scott Sellers, Pharmacist, Kroger Pharmacy, Ohio